My Nepali teacher is either the most tolerant man in the world or he swears all the way home. Today we did some revision. Revision of 10 months worth of Nepali class. Below are the sentences he asked me to translate, followed by the English version of what I did in Nepali.
1. Till now, I have not eaten anything.
>>Now I don't eat.
2. Have you been to Australia?
>> You have went to Australia?
3. I am not yet married
>> I have not do wedding.
4. Is Katherine learning French these days?
>>These days, Katherine learn French.
5. What were you doing at 7 yesterday evening?
>> Yesterday evening to at 7 at, you did what?
6. I was thinking of going to India this June.
>> In June, it is my opinion that India I go to.
7. It is hotter today.
>> It is hottest today.
8. Immediately after coming here, we started leaning Nepali.
>> We came here and then Nepali language learn...*&#@% what's the word for start?
9. He always feels tired.
>> He is everywhere happy.
10. He has a bad habit of drinking alcohol.
>> He is a alcohol drinking man.
11. How long have you been working at the hospital?
>> How many years have you been working? DAMN! At the hospital? I mean, How many years have you work at the hospital...I mean... DAMN! How long have you been working at the hospital? [WHEW]
12. Who is this for?
>> Who's is this?
13. He knows how to play chess but he doesn't play.
>>Actually I got that one right -> not bad eh?
Thankyou Bejoy, you are so patient....