This is the first in an instalment of posts on the whacky, interesting and amazingly inspiring characters I have met in this eccentric country.
Lena Ji is a strange character:
- she's an anthropologist, so it should come as no shock that she is slightly peculiar
- she conducted her senior research paper on the American "RV" culture, hence got her university to pay for her to tour around New Mexico - bravo, is all I have to say
- she's from Brooklyn, so has that incredibly entertaining accent (that I don't yet think she has caught me laughing at)
- she's been having issues with her work in Nepal, specifically, trying to work out exactly what it is she should be doing on an everyday basis.
- she has more than 4 cameras
- nothing makes her happier than cheese on bread, except maybe cheese on a biscuit or cheese in an omelette
- she is entirely unimpressed that I get power now 24/7 on account of being on the same grid as the Prime Minister (WHOLE other story). She has only 1 night a week in which there is power at dinner time even though she lives within 500m of my house
- she is a music nut
- she refers to her parentals as "Mama and Papa Neuf" - say it with a Brooklyn accent, it's worth it
- she stopped watching TV at a young age and says people think she is weird for having done so. I just say she's ahead of the game
- when she makes up her mind to do something, there's no going back. Say hello to Sally (and Lena):